Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Surf Music Day

I've been stricken with surf music fever. It started with The Whys and Pollo Del Mar on Sunday, and it's been continuing unabated. I didn't realize Surf Music is so big in Japan, they call it Eliki Boom (electric boom), and the Ventures can still fill a stadium full with devoted fans!

This Eliki Boom may not be podsafe, but I found it on a radio station website, so I'm going out on a limb here because 1) it's from 1967, and 2) you just have to hear it:

Takeshi Terauchi and The Bunnys: Theme from Symphony No 5

Radio WMFU has more from Takeshi Terauchi here and here.

Q. Is there Podsafe Surf Music.
A. Yes. Lots.

The Mermen (a favorite local band) have more than 50 live concerts at archive.org including a couple from Burning Man.

The Mermen: Little Stinky Kitty (burning man 2004)

I came across a Surf Radio station at SoundClick that features hours of listening, plus downloads including:

The Amino Acids:

No comments: